function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shan141shan141 

Code Migration

Hi,

In my project for every release we move 1200-1800 fields to production using eclipse. We are moving only 2-3 objects(approximately 200 fields) at a time  to production. because of the field dependency issues i could not able to vlidate each one in production prior to move into the production. So while moving the code into production we are getting errors and cosuming all my window time to resolve the issues.

I want to validate all objects(approx 1600 fields) prior to move in to production in a single shot. Then we can identify errors before move to Prod and it saves my window time during production move.

Actually How many fields or other components we can move in a single shot to production using eclipse? Please suggest.

Thanks,

SR

AasifAasif

If you have a developer/enterprise sandbox (in addition to your development environment), then first move your changes to this sandbox using eclipse/ant/changesets.

Check your deployment and resolve all errors if necessary. Make sure this "trial deployment sandbox" is a replica of your latest production environment.