function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
spsgutzspsgutz 

which certification is best in salesforce for developer.

hello friends,

which certification is worth as a developer DEV401 or DEV501...?????

thanks in advance.

b-Forceb-Force

Hello,

It will be depends upon your development area, 

I think one certification is enough DEV401 

Thanks,

bForce

AmitSahuAmitSahu

For developer certification 501 is better . 401 is not exactly a developer certification as I have heard.

Damien_Damien_

Well, you MUST have the 401 certification before you can take the 501.  501 certificaiton is obviously better since its the advanced developer certificaiton, but you must pass the normal developer first.

And yes, I would hardly consider 401 a developer certification.... more like an alternate admin.  Kinda annoying.  Be warned, the 501 advanded developer certification is very difficult.

Jia HuJia Hu
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Yea J020 is correct.

I can pass the 401 but know I can not pass the 501.

401 is a multiple choice test that ask you what tools should you use and to break down simply formulas. While 501 is a true developer test where you have to create a program and have it reviewed by a board and explain what you have done.

PB

Damien_Damien_

501 also requires a very difficult multiple choice exam that you must pass BEFORE writing code to have it reviewed.  Then you go back in writing an essay about the code you wrote.