function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cFangcFang 

Salesforce.com Enterprise vs. Force.com Enterprise

I have a new client that currently uses Salesforce.com Enterprise edition but is really only using the Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities objects. All other objects they use are custom objects. I don't forsee them adopting any of the salesforce.com default objects fields (quotes, products, etc.) but they do enjoy using a number of workflows and approvals. Should it be a no brainer decision for me to just switch them to force.com enterprise and then create a custom opportunities object to replace the standard salesforce.com opportunities object?

I want to do this because force.com enterprise is considerably cheaper than salesforce.com enterprise and the client is currently not utilizing all of the features of salesforce.com enterprise. I am worried that I am missing something big that I would lose (outside of the default salesforce.com objects) by switching to force.com enterprise. Could anyone clarify if there are any significant changes that occur when switching from Salesforce.com Enterprise to Force.com Enterprise other than the use of the Salesforce.com objects?