function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mikeb66Mikeb66 

How do I add a Custom Field from the Opportunity Products Object to a Quote Template

I have several Custom Fields that I created at the Opportunity Product Level that I want to appear on the Quote Template. I attempted to create a New Quote Template, but there doesn't seem that there is a way to Select which fields appear in the Line Item section.

I attempted to create a Formula on the Quote Line Item page that would map the Custom Opportunity Product field(s) to the Quote Line Item, but when I look at the available fields, none of my Custom Opportunity Product fields are available.

Salesforce support told mt ehat I can do this with a Formula, but of course, they don't support formulas...

Does anyone have a way to do this?

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

I think they were talking about a cross object formula.

So go to qoutes and create a new Formula Field.

Use the advance formula, find the obeject Opputunities and then locat the field and select it.

PB

Mikeb66Mikeb66

Yes, that would work if I wanted to map my Quote Field to a Custom Field on the Opportunity Object, but I want to map it to a Custom Field on the Opportunity Product Object. If I select Opportunity from the Advanced Formula section, there is no way (that I see) to drill down into the Opportunity Product Level where my Custom Field is.

The example that I'll use is this:

I have a t-shirt company and I want to have all of my sizes as Number fields so that I can say Shirt Design #1 with X Color, 2 Small, 4 Large, 15 XL... and then I have a Custom field for Count that sums up the number per size and then a Custom field for Price which multiplies the Count by the Sales Price. I could do this by just using the Size field as a Pick List (S,M,L,XL...) and then use the Quantity for the Count, but that would mean that if I was booking 1 T-shirt design in 1 Color I'd need to add the same line item for each size making more work for the Sales Rep. Multiply that out if they want the shirt in different colors and with different designs and this list could take quite a long time to create.

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Ahh sorry for not reading :-P

Are you wanting to have this field show in the "Quote Line Items" section on the Quote Template?

PB

Mikeb66Mikeb66

:)

Exactly

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

I think I got it, on the Template page, go down to this section and click on the wrench icon.

It will give you a list of available fields that should pertain to the oppurtunity line item ;-)

PB

Mikeb66Mikeb66

Right, this is exactly the section that I want to populate with my Custom Opportunity Product Fields, BUT, these fields aren't available. It shows only the Default Opportunity Product Fields.

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

I talked to my developer on this and he says that a trigger would be needed because there is no direct relationship.

Sorry,

PB

Mikeb66Mikeb66

Thanks for your efforts. Now I just need to figure out how to write a trigger to do this.

Has anyone ever done something similar?

Márcio BragaMárcio Braga
I'm looking for it also, this functionality should be default.