function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jerry HeJerry He 

Is thers limit in bandwidth form local machine to salesforce server?

Dose anyone knows whether there is limit in bandwidth between local with salesforce server?

When I upload some large file to server, what's the main factor that affect my uploading speed? Except my local bandwidth, is there some limit in salesforce server?

I have not found the information form the offical web site, so if you know ,please tell me.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The document upload limits are mentioned in the Help section. Based on my experience with salesforce.com, I'd make the following statement: bandwidth and server utilization is generally considered "unlimited" in the sense that you would be almost guaranteed to trip over other limits (API calls per day, workflow rules per day, etc) before you'd actually cause a bandwidth issue.

Most "normal" usage patterns are perfectly fine, and I'd wager there's very few "setups that would not have been permitted. The most usual case for an organization getting in trouble for breaking limits involves those cases where the limit being broken was due to a technical problem, such as a malfunctioning integration.

If you have any questions or concerns about bandwidth limits, I suggest you log a case and ask Support directly for an answer.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

There's a 5 MB limit on file uploads by default (which can be increased by contacting support), but there's no specific artificial bandwidth limitation. If you're consuming too many resources, salesforce.com would let you know. Salesforce.com has (I believe) a 64 Gbps connection into their datacenter, so there is, of course, an actual limit, but most people don't have that kind of bandwidth.

Jerry HeJerry He

Hi, thanks for your reply.

But where do you get the information of the 5M limit on uploading files?

I search some place, on the offical web, online help and the community, but I have not found the information, so please tell me, thanks.

Jerry HeJerry He

Another question?

Do you know the download speed limt? Like the upload limit 5M( Is it 5Mbps?).

Thanks

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The document upload limits are mentioned in the Help section. Based on my experience with salesforce.com, I'd make the following statement: bandwidth and server utilization is generally considered "unlimited" in the sense that you would be almost guaranteed to trip over other limits (API calls per day, workflow rules per day, etc) before you'd actually cause a bandwidth issue.

Most "normal" usage patterns are perfectly fine, and I'd wager there's very few "setups that would not have been permitted. The most usual case for an organization getting in trouble for breaking limits involves those cases where the limit being broken was due to a technical problem, such as a malfunctioning integration.

If you have any questions or concerns about bandwidth limits, I suggest you log a case and ask Support directly for an answer.

This was selected as the best answer