function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SudhanwaSudhanwa 

Hourly Notification on Case

Hi all,

I have a requirement which needs hourly email notification after a case has been unassigned for 24 hours. What is the best way to do it? I had apex scheduled jobs in my mind but then came across Entitlements and Milestones. Tried to know about it but got more uncertain about if it will help my requirement. Do you have any inputs?

-Sudhanwa

TheIntegratorTheIntegrator

Scheduled classes can be scheduled to run once a day, unless you manually reschedule every hour. You could try creating a workflow with the matching criteria and use time-trigger. Add 24 actions with 1 hour intervals and perform whatever that needs to be performed.

SudhanwaSudhanwa

Yes, either of what you said can be used. But is that the best way? I was looking for implementing Entitlements and MIlestones. But not sure if they can help.

-Sudhanwa

TheIntegratorTheIntegrator

As per my knowledge, entitlement processes are very similar to setting up the workflows but provide additional functionality (like violation action) and information. They are great for KPIs, but very tedious to set-up and test. If it's just hourly notification you need, then I suggest using workflows, if more is needed, then you should definitely invest the time into setting up the entitlement processes.

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Check out case escalations...

That should help ;-)

PB