function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saurabhEventsaurabhEvent 

Salesforce timeout error

Hi All,

We have a functionality where portal user gets ability to change his account via a VF page, so behind the scene we are chaning account on the portal contact by running apex in system mode.

Our sharing model is based out on Account, so all visibility is controlled by Account. This all works fine.

However when volume of records associated with Account increase VF page can't handle the backend update on Portal Contact and comes back with a timeout error. To overcome this I pushed backend functionality into a future call, but my future call went dead with this error message --- "Message could not be processed and ended up in dead message queue

Any suggestions what can done to overcome this?

Thanks!

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

If the page is failing because of a timeout, your future calls may also well time out. Consider using a Batch class instead.

saurabhEventsaurabhEvent

Thanks for your reponse.

Is their a difference in terms of timing requests for future call vs batch apex?

hemantgarghemantgarg

I think you need o make your queries more efficient using filters on indexed field, Otherwise It may fail in batch also, I saw the large SOQL(non-selected queries) in batch apex leads to dead queue.

Please go through the below link to make your queries more efficient:-

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/langCon_apex_SOQL_VLSQ.htm