function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JDegnerJDegner 

Delete Start_Here References

I'm reposting here because I'm not getting any responses in the Apex Code Development board. And Salesforce doesn't provide support unless you have a premier account.

I deleted the starthere and xmldom class, along with the start here page and tab. I am trying to remove all unnecessary classes so I could complete my testing for code coverage. However, now when I log in I receive an error page. Obviously, something is still referencing the start here page/tab. Can anyone help me figure out how to completely remove the reference to the Start_Here components?

Visualforce Error

Page LFI__Start_Here does not exist
    Create Page LFI__Start_Here

I followed the below steps, and I still get the same error when logging into my DE org.

http://apex-commons.github.com/remove-code-from-fresh-salesforce-org/

Steps to clear fresh developer edition org
Why would you want to do this? A better question is why does salesforce clutter a new developer org with custom components you didn't create?
  1. Go to Setup | Administration Setup | Manage Users | Profiles | System Administrator

2. Click Edit

3. Under “Custom App Settings”, change the “Default” to something other than Force.com

4. Click Save

5. Go to Setup | App Setup | Create | Apps

6. Delete Force.com

7. Go to Setup | App Setup | Create | Tabs

8. Delete “Start Here”

9. Go to Setup | App Setup | Develop | Pages

10. Delete “Start Here”

11. Go to Setup | App Setup | Develop | Classes

12. Delete startHereController and XMLDom.

AmitSahuAmitSahu

So you verified that the current application is not force.com when you are loggin in, correct ? 

JDegnerJDegner

Correct. And I've since deleted the Force.com app, in an effort to clean out our developer org. Every time I log in, I get routed to the Start_Here page, regardless of the active app when logging in. In order to avoid being taken to the this 'start here page doesn't exist", I added all of the start here and xmldom components back into our org. I thought it would be easier to remove things we aren't using, to create a clean developer org, but I guess it's not possible???

AmitSahuAmitSahu

It's possible to clean that, but there might be a small thing we are missing.