function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shaklendrashaklendra 

Application deployment

Hi,

I want to deploy application from one org to another. I dont have any idea about source application. I using IDE for deployment. I want to know deployment process for this. What all can deployed using IDE and what we need to do manually. Please let me know if someone have checklist or deployment process details it woud be great help.

Thanks

Shivanath DevnarayananShivanath Devnarayanan

Step 1:

Create a force.com project in eclipse from where the code has to be migrated from.

In this case it is: SourceSalesforceORG.

Enter your credentials; and click next to continue

Step2: choose metadata components: selected metadata components

We choose this in order to get only the classes and triggers that we might need.

Complete the wizard.

Note that once process is complete the selected metadata would refresh all the components from the server; and they will be available in the local environment.

Deployment to desired environment: (DestinationSalesforceORG)

Step1: Right-Click on the Source Project and navigate to --> Force.com --> Deploy to server.

Step 2: Enter the credentials for the target environment (DestinationSalesforceORG)

Step 3: uncheck all the options and click next.

Step 4: Review the components to deploy; Validate the deployment to see if it’s a success, and then click next. If the validation fails it means that certain dependencies are not available on the target environment. So the deployment needs to be rechecked to see if all the dependent objects, fields, triggers etc are included.

-- 

Apart from this you could take a look at the ANT force.com Migration tool : http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Migration_Tool

If it is a sandbox to sandbox OR a sandbox to Production environment in the same ORG ... then i would suggest you to use changesets and deployment option available within salesforce itself.

Hope this helps!!!

---------------------