function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MWorldMMMWorldMM 

Workflow Pending Actions Deleted but "Sticking" and breaking Deployment

I am getting the following error (repeated for multi objects) during deployment from Sandbox to Sandbox (We are deploying using Ant).:

Error: workflows/Account.workflow(414,12):This workflow rule currently has pending actions in the workflow queue. To delete, please remove those pending actions.

The thing is that those pending actions were deleted a week ago, from both environments, the first time this came up. And I also deleted the workflows from my Eclipse project, deployed succesfully, and then re-added them to the project to make sure there was nothing in Eclipse that was the issue. Definitiely seems like the "Sending" Sandbox is "remembering" that there used to be pending actions.

Any suggestions on what I can do to clear this old information out?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
beamsobeamso

I've just had this issue on a sandbox that I was using.

After deleting the pending workflow actions and deleting any time dependent workflow actions that were configured with schedules, I was able to successfully deploy.

Deleting the pending workflow actions and only deactivating the time dependent workflow actions configured with schedules still gave me the issue.

All Answers

rpsfdcrpsfdc

I am facing a similar issue with my full copy Sandbox. Were you able to resolve the issue?

MWorldMMMWorldMM

I have filed a case with Salesforce Partner Support but have not yet received a response.

LaurentDelLaurentDel

Same here. Filled a case as well, they are looking at it.

Will keep you up to date

Laurent

beamsobeamso

I've just had this issue on a sandbox that I was using.

After deleting the pending workflow actions and deleting any time dependent workflow actions that were configured with schedules, I was able to successfully deploy.

Deleting the pending workflow actions and only deactivating the time dependent workflow actions configured with schedules still gave me the issue.

This was selected as the best answer
Tommy Dhondt 7Tommy Dhondt 7
I'm experiencing the same issue now! 😢
Even getting it when deploying the updated workflow rule via a change set and onto a target sandbox with NO scheduled time-based actions at all.
Andre Baxter 21Andre Baxter 21
I ran into the same issue recently.  Check and make sure that there aren't any missing components that your Work Flow rule is dependent on.  I added a field that the workflow depended on when this happened, and the error didn't occur on my future deployments.  Of course, make sure that you don't have any pending workflow actions in the queue as well.  I know it sounds silly because the error doesn't mention depedencies, but this solution worked for me.