function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TypoTypo 

Data Loader 21.0 Error*.csv file returning wrong records

Since I started using Data Loader v 21.0 I appear to be getting bad error*.csv reports. I believe that the number of errors returned is correct, and that the error messages are probably correct, but Data Loader is not returning the rows that actually generated the errors. It is returning rows, but I have yet to discover the relationship between the rows returned and the rows that actually generated the error (it doesn't appear to be the previous row in the processed csv, nor the row following the row reported). ????

This is very strange--I count on Data Loader to report the erroneous rows. I often can correct the errors in excel and reload them quickly. But, at this point, I don't have any way to identify the bad rows from the data loader error files.

I'm considering reloading v 21.0--maybe there is a bug in my version that has been corrected?

jhurstjhurst

Typo,

We are investigating an issue where is looks like there may be a row offest issue with the latest version (v21).  WHat you describe seems pretty similar to that.

Can you please log this as a case with salesforce.com support so that we caninsvestigate further?  It would help if you coul dprovide an example file of where you are seeing the error (file being loaded, success file, and error file).  Also, could you include your config.properties file (minus the password) that you are using during the upload?

Once  you have logged the case, please repond here with the case number and I will get it assigned so we can find out what is happening.

In the meantim e, it may be best if you continue to use the 20.0 version of the Data Loader as that should still be working fine.

Thanks

Jay

pgrosspgross

Did you all ever get a resolution to this?  I am seeing the issue as well but saw no resolution information on this posting.

Thanks.

chuckAdminchuckAdmin

Hi,

This is Typo using a different login to the discussion boards.

I am using version 20.0. I don't have time to mess with something that does not work. They wanted me to provide them with information about the errors I discovered--well I don't have time to help them fix Data Loader, either. They should be able to fix the problem since they already seem to know that there IS A PROBLEM!

I'll wait for version 21.0 and see how that works.

I'm surprised that Salesforce has not fixed this. At least it looks like they haven't based on the previous message dated 9/9/2011.

Hari SharmaHari Sharma

This issue still exists with Apex Data Loader 22.0.  The error*.csv file is returning success records. The data reported in error*.csv file is loaded in Salesforce.com. And errored out records is available in success*.csv file.  And I am not sure, whether this issue is resolved with Apex Data Loader v23.0 or not.

jhurstjhurst

hkvats,

The issue that we investigated and resolved was limited only to using the bulk API.  The main problem was that when dataloader queried the Batch API results, it was not ordering the results.  So what happened was that even though the data was inserted correctly, when the results came back they were matched up with the original file incorrectly.

The issue has been resolved with the latest version (23.0).  Also, if you use the standard API, rather than the Bulk APi (a checkbox in the Data Loader Settings menu) then you should not see the issue, since the results are returned synchronously rather than asynchrnously, and the matching is correct.

If you are still seeing the issue with the latest version, please open a support case with the reproduction details and post your case number on this thread.  I can then push the investigation through on the salesforce.com side.

Thanks

Jay

Danudath Leebandit 3Danudath Leebandit 3
Hi Jay,

We still found this issue in version 35.0. We also tested with the latest version 37.0 and still found the same problem. This problem does not happen every time but it often happens with a lot of data load > 100K using Bulk Api. We found the error logs write the wrong records such as the incorrect phone format but when we check the records on production, the phone format are already correct. We also tried checking from job result from Bulk Data Load Jobs and map the record id then we found they are different from error logs from data loader.
We have a batch to run and call data loader service to upsert about 14 jobs per day. The case number we opened is case#14412803:Wrong Error logs from Data Loader. Could you please help to check and move forward to solve this problem?

Regards,
Atchariya

Lori AshleyLori Ashley
We have also found this issue to still be a problem.  We have a big data migration project coming up and it would be nice if this could be fixed.
Laura Magruder DuganLaura Magruder Dugan
I am experiencing the same thing using version 36, on random output files on loads/updates of batches as small as 2k, where I am not using Bulk API