function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jadentifyjadentify 

Percentage of Contacts Field in Summary or Matrix Report

i would like to create a report of contacts and show the total count of contacts along with the count of contacts who have purchased a product then show the percent of contacts who have purchased. But cannot figure out it getting the percentage of the whole is possible. I've looked into using the new formula field in reports but it doesn't look like you can reference a column grouping value.

Any ideas if this is possible? (i am aware i can make a pie chart and get those values but need it in the table report)

thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
jadentifyjadentify

Found the solution which is very simple.

Simply create a new formula field, set the type to percent use the following formula

RowCount / PARENTGROUPVAL(RowCount, GRAND_SUMMARY)

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You can probably do this using a report summary formula. You may need to create a custom field to support the calculation, though. Your precise scenario will depend on how your data is laid out in your database. One thing that you can do, for example, is use a Number formula on the objects in question and then use the value 1. You could then create a custom report type to find contacts with and without products (as an example), and do calculations on a formula field (also a value of 1) on the product. There's a great many ways to accomplish your goal. An example formula might be SUM:Contact_Count / SUM:Product_Count (the formula is probably off, but you should get the idea). Use the Formula Builder to assist you with creating the formula.

jadentifyjadentify

Found the solution which is very simple.

Simply create a new formula field, set the type to percent use the following formula

RowCount / PARENTGROUPVAL(RowCount, GRAND_SUMMARY)

This was selected as the best answer