function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mazenta!Mazenta! 

Save hierarchy Check Box in ths Report properties.

Hello,

I am unable to check the save Hierarchy check box in the Report Properties on a Report.

I had to kind of play around as we had some visibility issue. I unchecked it first later on when I try to check it, this do not work. But If I hit on the Save buton on report and then I will have ability to check this. Though I check it, guess what Its gone again.

I do have SYS ADMIN rights.

Can someone please help me or gimme an idea?

Thank you!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Mazenta!Mazenta!

I got the answer.

In order to check the "Save hierarchy" box  you must be assigned to WW territory(Top Level)..Does not matter If you withdraw from that territory after u check the save hierarchy box and save it..

(If your org do not have territory mgmt, you must be assigned to some high-level  role)

All Answers

kyle.tkyle.t

One suggestion from Elizabeth Davidson: 

"delete cache and maybe cookies too- then try. Set "every visit to page" if IE"

Steve :-/Steve :-/

Which browser are you using?  I would check the Browser Settings against the SFDC Recommendations 

https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_supported_browsers_cheatsheet.pdf

eliz_betheliz_beth

Hello- what I would do first (especially if you are using Internet Explorer) is to clear out your cache (temporary files) and even your cookies.  Also, while you're there under Tools - Internet Options - Browsing History - Settings -- check what is selected there.  What we recommend is the top choice - Every time I visit the webpage.

It's my experience that Automatically is problematic, even in newer versions of IE. 

Once you've done this, try to go back into Salesforce and see if it resolves the problem. 

Mazenta!Mazenta!

Did that... Does not help me :(

Mazenta!Mazenta!

I user firefox 3.6.17.

Steve :-/Steve :-/

I would upgrade to FF 4.x (it can't hurt)  what kind of report are you working on? 

Mazenta!Mazenta!

Hi.. I cleared off the history and got back into SFDC, it is still the same.

Mazenta!Mazenta!

Do I shift to Firefox 4?

This is an custom report type on Standard Object opprtunity.

Mazenta!Mazenta!

And we have territory management.

If at all I had a chance to check this save hierarchy check box. I would see different territories on the left top corner on each report.

Eg:

Ww Sales > EMEA> USa> APJ

jhurstjhurst

Mazenta!,

The Hierarxhy in reports is limited to certain reports.  If the report type does not support hierarchy, then the hierarchy will not be displayed (and you cannot save the hierarchy).

What you are describing sounds like there is a browser issue (which you seem to have ruled out), the role hierarchy was changed, or that the org wide sharing was modified such that the hierarchy is no longer applied to the report.  

It is very hard to tell what exactly is heppening from the description.  If you open up a case with salesforce.com support and then put the case number in this thread as a comment, I can take a look.  When logging the case, please give a link to the report you are trying to change the hierarchy of, the hierarchy you are trying to save it to, and also grant login access to salesforce.com support (Setup | Personal Setup | My Personal Information | Grant Login Access).

Hope this helps.

Jay

DollopsDollops

Hi, this report had Hierarchy saved before. I removed it and When I tried to put it back, Its not taking.

I have filed a case already with SFDC support. It has been moved to tier3 today.

Thanks a tonn for ur time!

Mazenta!Mazenta!

I got the answer.

In order to check the "Save hierarchy" box  you must be assigned to WW territory(Top Level)..Does not matter If you withdraw from that territory after u check the save hierarchy box and save it..

(If your org do not have territory mgmt, you must be assigned to some high-level  role)

This was selected as the best answer
cmikkels1.3927987982443347E12cmikkels1.3927987982443347E12
I had a similar problem. I saved a report with Hierarchy using the save as button. First the new report also had the Hierarchy but each time I tried to schedule it the Hierarchy dissappeard. I found out that I did not have a role as system admin and I assigned a role to myself. Then it was possible for me to schedule with Hierarchy.