function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SeanCoSeanCo 

Restrict the 'All Tabs' option on a App?

Is there a way to restrict users from adding tabs to a App in SF?  In otherwords, can you configure a particular app in SF to omit the 'All Tabs' link in order to prevent users from adding additional tabs to a custom app?

Hope that makes sense and thanks in advance!

~ Sean

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Restricting this Tab is not available yet. You can restrict the tabs only on profile level. This is a good idea and you should post it.

Thanks
Ankit Arora

All Answers

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Have u made the Tab hidden for that profile ?

SeanCoSeanCo

Well, I do not think it is listed as a 'tradtional' tab in SF.  I looked under Profiles > Tab Settings and 'All Tabs' is not listed.  It is more of a default option per app.  So far I have been unable to find a way to restrict it from showing on individual apps or all apps.  It would be ideal if we could restrict it per app & per profile.

BA_AdminBA_Admin

You cannot disable the + sign (All Tabs) option the only way is you can hide the tabs from users from profiles i guess

SeanCoSeanCo

I was afraid of that.  Seems like this would be a common request.  Sense you cannot restrict + sign (All Tabs) on an app it makes it tricky to restrict what users add.  In addition, since you cannot hide tabs on a per app basis it makes it hard to restrict individual apps without affecting others.  Sounds like I should submit this an 'Idea/Feature'. 

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Restricting this Tab is not available yet. You can restrict the tabs only on profile level. This is a good idea and you should post it.

Thanks
Ankit Arora

This was selected as the best answer
SeanCoSeanCo

@ Ankit_Arora:  Thanks for confirming this.  I have submitted the following Idea (http://goo.gl/i2ESa).  We will see if it gets any votes.  Thanks again!

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Promoted :)

Thanks
Ankit Arora

VK86VK86

I like this idea too. Promoted!

Thanks,

VK