function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora 

Report and Dashboard Ids in Full Sandbox

May this is simple but bit strange to me. We know that full sandbox and production have identical ids, but I am facing a problem i.e. I have created some 180 reports on my sandbox and used it on different dashboards. Some of the source in dashboards are having drill down. Means when we are clicking on report from dashboard then some other report is opened.

I have created a change set in which I have included all reports and dashboards. Now when I have deployed the change set on production then all Ids of dashboards and reports are different from that of sandbox.

Which leads me to again change all the drill down report Ids on dashboards.

Problem is why the Ids of reports and dashboards are changed????

Thanks
Ankit Arora

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

The Ids on a sandbox are identical to Production only when the configuration has been developed on production and the sandbox has been refreshed from production.

If the development was done on a sandbox and then deployed to Production, the Ids will not remain the same.

All Answers

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney

The Ids on a sandbox are identical to Production only when the configuration has been developed on production and the sandbox has been refreshed from production.

If the development was done on a sandbox and then deployed to Production, the Ids will not remain the same.

This was selected as the best answer
Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Thanks Ritesh.

Thanks
Ankit Arora