function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Richie DRichie D 

Talend Data integration

Hi All,

I have a requirement to upload rows from a CSV file with a delay in between each row to allow batch processing to take place. I am running one row at a time as the logic behind the application is complex and, to stop 'too many SQL statements' exceptions, a batch size of 1 is to be used.

My question is' How can I setup Talend to do this?

I have a tFileInputDelimited linked to a tSleep then linked to a tSalesforceOutput component. I have set the attribute "Rows to Commit" to be 1 and so I have 2 transactions in Salesforce; one for each record in my test data. I am trying use the tSleep to put a 20 second pause between each call to Salesforce. The result is that the 2 records are created in seperate transactions but updated with no delay. What other components/configuration do I need?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Rich.

Ritesh AswaneyRitesh Aswaney
I believe talend has a batch size parameter which allows you to set the batch size when interacting with salesforce.

http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7285

Richie DRichie D

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks for your answer.

I had the batch setting to 1 and so was working correctly - I just needed to insert a tJavaRow component and add the line Thread.sleep(integer) to pause between each update.

So now I have a tFileInputDelimited linked to tJavaRow then to tSalesforceOuput. It all works as expected now.

Cheers,

Richard (Durrant)

ps. If you are the same Ritesh as I worked with in Luton last year then  - Hello! and I hope your current projecta are going well.

Sumit KumarSumit Kumar

I am new in Talend.

Can any one please help me in uploading the the data in multiple objects by creating job in Talend (ETL Tool) .

Please tell me the following steps.