function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RedSalesRedSales 

Add Validation Rule to "Generate new password and notify user immediately" Field

Hello,

Continuing on from my previous question "Disable Reset Password Option On Profiles/User...", I wondered is it possible to add a validation rule to the field labelled "Generate new password and notify user immediately" on the Create/Edit "User" Form. I would like to do this to stop certain profiles from being able to generate a new password email when creating new SFDC users.

On looking at the user object the only field I could see which i thought may have been related to this is the custom field ResetPW__C but this is not the same field unfortunately.

Do you know what field uses the label "Generate new password and notify user immediately"  and if a validation rule can therefore be added to this?

Thanks in advance.

_Prasu__Prasu_

Adding validation rules on that would not be possible.

S PraveenS Praveen

Hi,

I think its not possible

Regards,

Praveen

RedSalesRedSales

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your help. Apologies for the slow reply as I was offline for the past week.

Thanks for your feedback in relation to the "generate new password" function. Can you think of another possible alternative solution or process I can use for this? Any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again.