function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Salesforce_PMPSalesforce_PMP 

How to pass report parameter values from dashboard?

I have a dashboard that shows various case statistics & charts for a particular customer account. There are reports behind the dashboard that use Account name as a filter criteria. Each time I have to run the dashboard for a different account, I have to edit each report, change the Account and then save reports prior to refresing the dashboard.

This is very a time consuming process. So I am exploring options to maybe pass the Account from the dashboard (using a lookup or picklist) and then have the reports use that Account automatically. Is that possible and if so how? Thanks for your help.

FSorianoFSoriano

I have the same need.

Have you found any answer anywhere?

Thanks.

Salesforce_PMPSalesforce_PMP

"Filtered Dashboard" functionality is being released in the Winter release and it should be available around Nov 15. This would enable you to build dashboards and from there pass one filter value to the underlying reports. There are some limitations, please refer to the release guide.

FSorianoFSoriano

Thanks.

I will wait for the release.

OlatteOlatte

I'd like to see a dashboard for each of my accounts.  The filter drop down limits you to 10, but salesforce can up it to 50.  We have much more than 50 active accounts. I want to create a custom button/link that pushes the account name to the DASHBOARD filter so i can see results for specific clients.