function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NuDevNuDev 

Field defaults not set in Managed package?

Wondering if anyone else is running into this issue.  In my development org I have a number of custom objects containing fields with default values set (mainly picklist fields).  After packaging and installing this package in a target org, none of the default values are set.   This is a recent occurance and I have yet to find the cause or a workaround.  A case was submitted on 6/11 and has since been escalated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NuDevNuDev

The fix was implemented and we're no longer seeing this issue.

All Answers

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

In Managed package default values only goes when the package is installed for the first time after that in any upgraded i do not go there. As it is a configurable thing and client might have updated it according to it's use. Similar to profiles or layouts.

NuDevNuDev

I should have mentioned this is a Beta package, so it must be uninstalled each time.

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

If you are saying you are using Beta than this will never occur as you will install each time, but if you are not using then I would suggest don't use as it has it's limitation as well as your data will get lost on each time you will uninstall and reinstall.

NuDevNuDev

Shashikant, I'm developing a managed package. The beta builds are necessary.

Anyone else?

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

This is interesting, though I have done a lot of packaging but never faced this issue. May be salesforce case can help you over this. Please share the solution if you got any.

Would you mind asking me that is this issue coming after the latest release or this is the first time you are going with packaging.

Thanks
Ankit Arora

NuDevNuDev

This is the first time we've seen this issue after more than 20 beta builds.   I will most certainly keep the board updated with any useful information.

NuDevNuDev

Just to keep you all in the loop, this has been identified as a defect and R&D is working on a fix with a possible release on 6/29/11.

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Thank you for the update.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

NuDevNuDev

The fix was implemented and we're no longer seeing this issue.

This was selected as the best answer