function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
avtopi786avtopi786 

Search Drop-down

Hi All,

Does anyone know how to customize Search drop-down list that SFDC provide on home tab ?

I have a request that certain user can't access "User" information from search drop-down. Is there any way you can configure by profile ?

Thanks in advance !

SAPOCSAPOC

If i understand your question correctly you do not want certain users to access user information in search.

Actually you now have global seach which will be at the top of the page and is enabled in user inteface->Enbale new user interface theme.This searches only on Objects.

if you are working on portals then you will have a side bar search which you can removed by cretaing new Home page layout with selected components and assiging this to profiles.

CLKCLK
if you want to totally take away the access from that perticular profile user, then take out Manage Users admin privliliges from that profile. So that profile user will not be able to search it from drop down as well.
avtopi786avtopi786

I wnant to hide "User" item from the drop-down list for certain profile.

CLKCLK
there is no way to customize that search box otherwise go for solution which by posted earlier by other user.