function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AGBSAGBS 

difference between Force.com and Salesforce.com trial org

hi,

I have created a Force.com trial org from the link http://www.salesforce.com/platform/platform-edition/ Enterprise Edition. But the org created has all the objects which are there in Salesforce.com trial Enterprise Edition. How can i make sure that the org i got is a Force.com one not Salesforce.com.

What my understanding is the paltform org i.e Force.com org doesn't contains any CRM objects other than Account and Contact. Am i correct? If so then whay these CRM objects are there in Force.com trail org?

vhanson222vhanson222

Force.com orgs contain all of the salesforce.com Enterprise Edition objects that come standard in salesforce.com.  However, there are rules about what objects you can use.

Basically, there are two types of salesforce licenses.

1) Salesforce license - this is the license type that is associated with your system administrator user.  This license type has access to all standard salesforce objects.

2) Salesforce Platform license - This license type only has access to the 'Accounts', 'Contacts', 'Documents', and 'Ideas' standard salesforce objects.  All other standard objects are hidden from and inaccessibly by this license type.

If you're concerned about not wanting to see the standard salesforce objects then you can easily create a new profile for your system administrator user that hides those unwanted objects.

Hope that helps

Victor