function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mak6820mak6820 

Force.com Fundamentals - Recruiting App Questions

I've completed the Recruiting App exercises.  My App is up and running.  But I have two issues or bugs that I cannot resolve.  Could someone help me or guide me to a solution?

Problem 1 - Candidate Map not showing up.  I have everything in place but all I seem to get is "Loading Map".  The map never appears.  I've retraced my steps 4-5 times and I don't know what I've missed.

Problem 2 - Careers Site open positions not showing up.  The page header is showing up but not the open positions.  I am thinking that this has something to do with the last step of Granding Public Access Settings.  Something seems off in the steps in the book vs. what I am able to do on screen.

If someone can help me or point me towards a fix, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - MK

Srinivas DurvasulaSrinivas Durvasula
I have the same issue with Maps. Can someone help?
umesh atryumesh atry
Check Field level Security.
and profile of user.

Jeff Andrews 3Jeff Andrews 3
I've also just completed the force.com recruiting app example and my Candidates Map isn't working. I've checked the code. I have administrator access so I don't think it's a profile or security issue. The screen just says "Loading map...". 

Anyone have any suggestions? Is the Yahoo map API still active?

Thanks - Jeff
Mario Ruiz 126Mario Ruiz 126
I have the same issue with maps. Any help please??
Adam SacksAdam Sacks
I have the same problem.  Super Frustrating as this is something that I would really like to build in our real platform.
Ma Princess Nacepo 9Ma Princess Nacepo 9
Go to Visual Force Pages > Candidate Map > Security > Add Recruiter and Standard Employee on Selected Profiles