function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
salesforce1587salesforce1587 

Issue while installing the package on Force.com platform

Hi,

I'm struck with an issue currently. Would appreciate any help on this.

ISSUE: When I install a package on a force.com platform. I would receive the following error:

Your requested install failed. Please try this again.

None of the data or setup information in your salesforce.com organization should have been affected by this error.

If this error persists, contact salesforce.com Support through your normal channels and reference number: 791014940-3094 (203143773)

I did try many times to install the package but still throws the same error.

I also tried installing the package into one of the Developer instance. I was able to install the package successfully.

But at a same time when I tried to install the package in another Developer edition. It failed.

Can somebody help me out as to why is this happenning?

OR

Do I need to configure something while installing the package?

OR

Do I need to write a piece of code?

Can somebody guide me through this? Once again, any help would be appreciated ASAP.

Thank you

Neha G Patel

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

If you can then un-install already installed packages and then try installing it.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Hi Ankit,

Thank You for replying me quickly.

The force.com instance does not contain any installed packages. Neither I've installed the package before on this.

This was the first attempt where I tried install the package and it failed.

So any other solution.

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I predict it can be a data issue, if you still not able to figure out then would request you to log a case for it.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Hi Ankit,

I had already logged a case from partner portal. We did get a call from them. They stated that we have only the basic support that is only for developer edition. They suggested us to look into the community for solution.

I didnt get the data issue concept. Data issue in what way? Can you provide me more details on this.

Regards,

Neha G Patel

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

It's quit possible that your data is preventing the package to get installed or there are some validations which is holding the installation back.

How much you hold in all the objects?

Thanks

Ankit Arora