function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
subaasubaa 

How to make it default List view?

Hi,

I got a requirement to launch one of the Account list view by default, when Account tab is clicked. I able to redirect to the Account List view using the below visualforce content.

<apex:page action="{!URLFOR($Action.Account.List, $ObjectType.Account)}" />

However, I couldn't control the launch of dedicated List view by default; It shows me the last visited list view instead. I should not delete other Views to launch the expected View by default.

Can anyone help me to control the List view in visualforce page?

Regards,

SuBaa

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hello @Subaa!

To open a certain list view you need to add some params to the url. Your return url must look something like this:

"/objectPrefix?fcf=listViewId&rolodexIndex=-1&page=1"

where objectPrefix is the 3 letter identifier for the object and listViewId corresponds to the list that you want opened.

Example for Accounts: "/001?fcf=00BC0000008SJaA&rolodexIndex=-1&page=1".

You can get the list view id by clicking edit and looking at that url(it will be smth like /ui/list/FilterEditPage?id=00BC0000008SJaA...).

This solution is a hardcoded one, so not very good, but I cannot find another one atm... 

Thanks,

Adrian

All Answers

AdrianCCAdrianCC

Hello @Subaa!

To open a certain list view you need to add some params to the url. Your return url must look something like this:

"/objectPrefix?fcf=listViewId&rolodexIndex=-1&page=1"

where objectPrefix is the 3 letter identifier for the object and listViewId corresponds to the list that you want opened.

Example for Accounts: "/001?fcf=00BC0000008SJaA&rolodexIndex=-1&page=1".

You can get the list view id by clicking edit and looking at that url(it will be smth like /ui/list/FilterEditPage?id=00BC0000008SJaA...).

This solution is a hardcoded one, so not very good, but I cannot find another one atm... 

Thanks,

Adrian

This was selected as the best answer
subaasubaa

Thanks, Adrian.

It works. I was playing around some List view URLs, and it was seems that URL remains same for two or more list views. Hence, I didn't tried this hard coded approach. Anyway thanks for the hint. Its time to share this solution to my client.

Regards,

SuBaa