function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SabrentSabrent 

General Question about List View

In the List view if the records are 2000+ , i notice that the ability to jump to last page is disabled. I can navigate to previous, next, first page but can't jump to last page.

Is there any setting I am missing?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SFFSFF

When there are more than 2000 records, SF doesn't pull back any more records than that. Effectively, there is a LIMIT 2000 on the list view query. Since SF doesn't KNOW how many records there are, it can't (easily) figure out what the last page is, so it doesn't give you the option to jump to the last page.

This is for performance reasons. Let's suppose there are 5,000,000 records. Prior to this release (with OFFSET) SF wasn't going to be able to jump to the last page without scrolling through all of the pages.

This may change in the future, of course.

Hope this helps,

All Answers

coolleo88coolleo88

Hi,

You are not missing any settings on List View. It is as available in salesforce that you can't go to last page directly in terms of list view, but you can go to the first page. Hope this helps.

SabrentSabrent

Thanks for the response.

It's interesting that it's allowed to jump to last page when you have lesser records but not when there are more records.

SFFSFF

When there are more than 2000 records, SF doesn't pull back any more records than that. Effectively, there is a LIMIT 2000 on the list view query. Since SF doesn't KNOW how many records there are, it can't (easily) figure out what the last page is, so it doesn't give you the option to jump to the last page.

This is for performance reasons. Let's suppose there are 5,000,000 records. Prior to this release (with OFFSET) SF wasn't going to be able to jump to the last page without scrolling through all of the pages.

This may change in the future, of course.

Hope this helps,

This was selected as the best answer
SabrentSabrent

John,

Thanks for the information.