function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
richardc_rsvprichardc_rsvp 

Getting SOAP faults from describeSObject call

We have an application on a server making Java API calls. It routinely calls describeSObject many times a day. Today we got ten exceptions saying, 'Attribute "actor" bound to namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" was already specified for element "ns4728:CallOptions". ' I have included the stack trace below.

Has anyone else seen this? What would remedy this problem?

Code:
Attribute "actor" bound to namespace "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" was already specified for element "ns4728:CallOptions". org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:222) 
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:129) 
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.endElement(DeserializationContext.java:1087) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source) 
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.parse(DeserializationContext.java:227) 
org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:696) 
org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:435) 
org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.MustUnderstandChecker.invoke(MustUnderstandChecker.java:62) 
org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:206) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366) 
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812) 
com.sforce.soap.partner.SoapBindingStub.describeSObject(SoapBindingStub.java:2041)

RamanaRamana

Hi,

I am getting a similar error. Did you have a solution for this issue? If so, can you please help me resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Ramana Maddikunta

richardc_rsvprichardc_rsvp
We opened a case with Salesforce, who needed more information about the problem. We haven't seen it in the months since we reported it, and thought it was fixed some other way. I suggest opening a new case so it's on the record with Salesforce.