function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alexsummersalexsummers 

Undocumented Exceptions

Good day!

I have made a mapping of exception codes listed in the API doc in order for me to display meaningful error descriptions.

However I've encountered error codes not listed in the API doc? Does anybody know how could i provide descriptions to those?

Thanks

SuperfellSuperfell
Do you have an example? as far as i know all exception codes are covered in the docs.
darozdaroz
Perhaps he talking about the middleware errors that bubble up sometimes, or some axis-based error that doesn't fit the WSDL?
alexsummersalexsummers

I'm sorry I forgot to post the exact error codes:

CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY

INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY

These are the errors that I've encountered, Do you know where could I find documentation for these?

Thanks in advance

SuperfellSuperfell
Ahh, yes, these are status codes which aren't currently doc'd.
darozdaroz
Simon,

Did a few more SOAP Faults recently sneak into the 6.0 WSDL?
SuperfellSuperfell
As it turns out, yes there are more exception codes listed in the WSDL today than at the time of the summer 05 release. However they are not used. The reason why this is happened is rather long winded and not very interesting, but take my word for it, there are a couple of exception codes added to the WSDL after the summer 05 release but they are not currently used.
darozdaroz
No problem.. Just happened to update my WSDL yesterday and see the diff get logged in with a few more changes then I expected. (Alot of whitespace changes too.) In light of this topic I thought I'd mention it....