function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chrisCCASchrisCCAS 

Need Major Help .Net

I mean, I have been searching the past couple days I have yet to find any real useful VB.net information. All the good info is in C#.  All I need to be able to do is Query then Insert into a local database. It does sound fairly easy, however I cannot find any good info on this. All the samples are writtein in C# on here. Please help.

Chris

SuperfellSuperfell
Have you looked at the .NET quickstart, i believe it includes VB versions of everything.
chrisCCASchrisCCAS
where is this .NET quickstart?  Sorry to sound like a newbie but this is the first time dealing with Sforce.
SuperfellSuperfell
click the resources tab at the top of this page.
chrisCCASchrisCCAS
Oh that, Iv'e already installed that. The Quick start didn't help because its written all in C# and the other samples help slightly Ive previously used those to figure out how to login / queue. Yet i need to take that information and put it into a database there seems to be no VB.net document info on doing this.
SuperfellSuperfell
There are VB.NET versions of the samples in the quickstart. goto http://www.sforce.com/resources/toolkits-samples.jsp#NETGettingStarted and look at the Visual Basic .NET Samples section.

How you get data into a local DB is down to you, perhaps a good ADO.NET book might help you.
chrisCCASchrisCCAS
Hello, I have already used those samples. So im pretty much sitting on Floating data that needs to go somewhere I know you guys have written some good stuff of throwing that data into a dataset then writing stragiht to a data grid..however the examples are in C# .. do you guys by any chance have any Vb.net versions.
robert.ax111robert.ax111
you can get the VB.net quickstart samples here

http://www.sforce.com/resources/toolkits-samples.jsp#NETGettingStarted
chrisCCASchrisCCAS
I got those they don't show you how to use the Queried info and put it into a table. Theres no examples for it, this is so frustrating.
SuperfellSuperfell
Just loop over the fields and build a SQL insert statement.
chrisCCASchrisCCAS
Hi, could you paste in some sample code that would be most appreciated.
fowlermfowlerm
Look at this post.  It addresses this issue too.  If you use the ADO.NET provider for SFDC you can bring queried data into a DataSet.  From there you can write the contents of the DataSet to any other ADO.NET provider like SQL or OleDB.  The sample code is in the zip file referenced in the linked post.