function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
truetrue 

Populate some information on the fly from (our)d/b to sforce a/c

We are looking into upgrading SFDC integration from our application. Basically looking for autopopulating some data into sforce a/c  from our d/b on the fly.

For example if some one try to create a new lead from UI and enter company name, than some link or button can check if that company is existing in our d/b and it pouplate other information automatically.

Is it possible to use scontrol object for this kind of feature or what is the easiest solution to integrate this feature.

Thanks,

nupur

GrantMGrantM

I have had the same issue recently.
Currently, you cannot trigger a process from the SF UI after creating or updating object. (and please someone correct me if i'm wrong)
You can only trigger a workflow, which cannot call a sforce object or page, but can send emails (not going to help you)

So what i suggest, is make a Web Link and instruct your users to click that once that have done the creation,

or

Setup a process that runs periodically, and pulls down the newest leads (or required objects) from SF, and updates your DB

HTH

DevAngelDevAngel
Another mechanism might be to provide a search page as a webtab that allows the user to search your db and based on the results appropriately load the correct page, possibly prefilled.