function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
marklinmarklin 

customization issues

Hi,

I have the following issues and you guy's help will be apprecited

I created a custom object called Blog and then created a relationship making it linked to contact object through page layout. In The detailed page of contact, the blog object is listed at the bottom. I want to further modify the layout of the blog object in the contact detailed page in the follwing way:
1) Change the "New" tab to "New Post"
2) Make the "New Post" links to a web url(I created) instead of linking to the standard create pge
3)hide the stard "edit" and the "name" link fields because we want to that blog object created and edited through the custom web url.

Is it possible to achieve the above desired effects? If yes, how?

Mark
DevAngelDevAngel

Bad news

Can't do that kind of customization to the presentation layer today.  The best you can do is to create a custom link on the contact to create a new blog using the custom url that you mentioned.

marklinmarklin
Thanks Dave. That's exactly what we are doing right now.

Mark
marklinmarklin
Hi Dave, using only web link is not acceptable to us right now. Is there any way just to hide the "new" tab and "edit" link through permission or any other way?

Mark
DevAngelDevAngel
Nope.
darozdaroz
You won't like it - it's unsupported and it can break with new releases. Well, lets just say, historically, it *will* break with new releases.

If you use Firefox you can use Greasemonkey.