function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RuudRuud 

LOGIN USING API CALLS FOR JAVA CLIENT

Hi,

I am from BMC Software, I tried using the login code from Chatterworkbook by using API calls for Java Clients.The username and password are correct but it gives an exception

Exception in thread "main" [UnexpectedErrorFault [ApiFault  exceptionCode='API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG'
 exceptionMessage='API is not enabled for this Organization or Partner'

How can i overcome this?

SuperfellSuperfell

The user account you are using is for an edition that doesn't include API access. You need to use an API enabled edition, such as developer edition, enterprise or unlimited edition.

RuudRuud

i am using Developer Edition... In Setup there is no specipic option of API enabling and disabling....in                               Setup> Develop>API there is no specipic enable or disable option only wsdl for partner and enterprise are there... what should i do?

SuperfellSuperfell

Are you really using developer edition? sounds like you probably have a 30 day trial, not a dev edition org, when you login via the web UI, what's in the browser title bar?

RuudRuud

salesforce -Developer Edition

SuperfellSuperfell

That's weird. What's your username ?

RuudRuud

i solved my problem..thanks for the help. .....Do you have any idea how to start a discussion by using api calls? I am trying to login chatter through an application then start a discussion through api calls and then make them visible in my application. So is there any way to embed it?