function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mike LeachMike Leach 

Updating WSDL2Java Documentation

Would it be possible to update the Web Services Quick Start guide to reflect use of Axis 1.4?

The current documentation is written for Axis 1.3, which no longer appears to be supported. The WSDL generation steps make reference to JARs that are no longer available.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_quickstart_steps.htm

Thanks!

-Mike

Abhinav GuptaAbhinav Gupta

If you want to use Axis 1.4, just include all the jars in the lib directory it should go well. I did the same when working on Tolerado project for Apache Axis 1.4. If you are not depending on Enterprise.WSDL, you can find most of the WSDL2Java stuff for rest of the WSDLs here, check the jars named sdsc-xxxx.jar. 

Though from my experience will not suggest to go with Axis any more, you should try Salesforce WSC API (link) its much high performant and better then Apache Axis.

Would also suggest to use Tolerado with either Apache Axis or WSC, it makes the stuff really simple and fault tolerant when working with Salesforce Webservices. Here are links for Tolerado

Hope this helps.

Mike LeachMike Leach

Great info. Thanks!

I really just want to generate proxy stubs from the WSDL, nothing too complicated.

The -classpath example in the Quick Start seems outdated. 2-3 of the JARs are no longer available in Axis 1.4.

Thx!

Mike LeachMike Leach

I ended up googling all the JAR dependencies, downloaded them into a single directory, then ran this in bash to generate the sforce web service proxies:

java -classpath $( echo *.jar . | sed 's/ /:/g') org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -a partner.wsdl

Not an ideal process (took about 4 hours). Hope this saves someone else the time.

Why you googled around the jars, I just included all jars in classpath to make this work. 

Mike LeachMike Leach

The JARs listed in the documentation are not all centrally bundled in Axis, but if you JFGI you can find them.

-Mike

atlantisatlantis

Hi ,

Do you know how to use Tolerado WSC to create connection only by using SessionId and ServerURL?

It seem it only support combination of username and password .

Regards,

Atlantis

That is correct Atlantis, as of now. Their is no support in Tolerado WSC, to directly use SessionId/ServerURL. I am glad you brought this up. I thought of doing this initially(post), but was dragged into some other stuff. 

Will add this support to Tolerado in next 1-2 days. Stay connected.

atlantisatlantis

That is good news.

Hope to see that soon.

Regards,

Atlantis

I have released a beta version of jars having the support you requested. Here is the download link to these Tolerado beta jar files

http://code.google.com/p/tolerado-sfdc-wsc-apis/downloads/detail?name=dist.zip

I have done, some testing, its going good. Will let you know once ready to release a stable one.

AuthToken tok = new AuthToken(SessionId,
        ServerUrl);
// Create fresh enterprisestub using sessionid and serverurl only
// no credential given here
ToleradoEnterpriseStub stubFromToken = new ToleradoEnterpriseStub(tok);

The above example shows, how to create enterprise stub. you can create stubs for rest of the wsdl's in same way.