function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anschoeweanschoewe 

Problem with newest WSDL version in Winter 11 release

Our sandbox was recently updated to the Winter 11 release.  After upgrading, I tried to generate a new Enterprise WSDL.  However, I now receive lots of errors in Eclipse when it tries to parse it.  I'm also unable to parse it correctly to generate my proxy classes (Java) when using the built-in JDK tool 'wsimport.'  This use to work great.

Both tools seem to complain that schema is invalid because of the casing (upper/lower case) of some of the schema elements.  In particular, I've noticed the following changes between my old and new wsdl that are causing errors:

Old Version New Version

<portType name="Soap"> <porttype name="Soap">

<complexType name="sObject"> <complextype name="sObject">

<complexContent> <complexcontent>

I'm sure there are more.  Is this still considered a valid WSDL.  My Java parses don't think so.  It's unclear why this has changed between versions.

Any help in resolving this problem is appreciated,

Andrew

anschoeweanschoewe

False alarm.

For whatever reason, why I was saving the wsdl using Firefox or Chrome, it was changing the case of some of the elements (detailed in the first post).  But, when I looked at the source of the web page, it showed the entire contents of the WSDL correctly -with the correct capitalization.  So, I just copy-pasted the contents into a wsdl file and added the missing <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> tag at the beginning of the file.

Hopefully this will help other people that downloaded incorrectly formatted wsdl.  It seems to be caused by my two browsers.

Andrew