function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kzunokzuno 

Integration from on-premise to Force.com using JPA

Hi, all. I'm wondering about integration between on-premise Java application and Force.com application.
I watched VMForce webinar, in it's demo, web app deployed on local tcServer connected to Force.com DB using JPA. (but development purpose)

Is it possible that integrating  on-premise Java application and Force.com DB using JPA(DataNucleus) in production ?

SuperfellSuperfell

VMForce & the JPA plugin are not yet released. It is planned (but no guarantee's this doesn't change) that you'd be able to use the JPA connector anywhere you want, it wouldn't be tied to VMForce only.

sean*harrisonsean*harrison

When VMForce becomes available will I be able to deploy an existing web app that uses Hibernate? Or should I refactor my app now to use a different JPA provider?  Will DataNucleus and/or the Spring framework be required?

jesperfjjesperfj

Hi Sean,

Good question. We are currently focusing on exposing Force.com through the DataNucleus JPA provider.

In order to use Hibernate, you would need a way to expose Force.com as a JDBC data source. There has been various attempts at this but we can't recommend any of those approaches at this point. If you find a driver that works we'd love to hear about your experience.

Thanks, jsperfj

I'll get on that JDBC solution right away! :smileyhappy:

Do me a favor and tell the DataNucleus guys to update their tutorials

jesperfjjesperfj

You can take a look at this:

http://web.datadirect.com/products/jdbc/salesforce/index.html

for starters...

datanucleusdatanucleus

@sean harrison,

that tutorial is a contrib from a user. Since we don't use Netbeans we aren't in a position to update our tutorials. But obviously if a user kindly contributed an update then it would be added as a high priority ... should someone help us out in that way of course ;-)

LOL!

Well, sounds like I've got some homework to do...

Thanks for jumping in, datanucleus

jayamjayam

hi,

I want to connect to Salesforce using JPA like JPA to oracle.

how can do this ?

I want this With out using the concept of VMforce .

is this possible to connect to salesforce using JPA with out  vmforce  is Possible or not?

Pleas tell me , it's urgent........

Thanks

jesperfjjesperfj

As mentioned earlier in this thread the JPA provider is not tied to VMforce. You can use it from anywhere. We plan to make it available soon, so stay tuned.

jayamjayam

Thanks for ur Reply jesperfj.

How can we Use it? Please tell me the Process of using that one and Requirements.

is there any Sample Please send me.

Plzzzzzzz jesperfj

jayamjayam

Thanks for ur reply Jes.

Please Tell me the Process of connecting JPA to Salesforce and Reqiurments of that one .

Is there any sample code Please send Me

Pleasssssssssssssssssse Jes