function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sujeet KumarSujeet Kumar 

how to fetch data from force.com to my web application

Hi,

I have a web application which is developed in apache tomcat 5.5, java, jsp, servelet.  Now i want to access data from force.com to my application. How I can access data and display into my application.  

If any document then please give a link and examples also.

Thanks

Sujeet Kumar

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rick.BanisterRick.Banister

Here's another suggestion. If your app requires a lot of calls to Salesforce because there are many objects objects being used, performance can be a limiting factor. Typical response per API call is about half a second. Do the math (multiply the number of objects accessed times half a second), and you may find you're better off with a local replicated database. Relational Junction offers bi-directional real-time replication between Salesforce and a local dataabase, making it a great platform for custom web applications. Using JDBC or Hibernate to access the database is a lot quicker to develop, as well, and you probably already know how to do that.

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Integration see the web services api guide, and the java samples.

gsmithfarmergsmithfarmer

I use http://code.google.com/p/sqlforce/wiki/JavaForce and talk via Java. We use the library in standalone java apps, tomcat/servlets, and in axis2 web services.

Talking from SFDC to a web service is fairly simple:

1. Configure the IP to your web service provider as open in SFDC.

2. Save a wdsl for your web service to a file.

3. Use Create a Class from a WSDL on the SFDC Create/Class page.

Rick.BanisterRick.Banister

Here's another suggestion. If your app requires a lot of calls to Salesforce because there are many objects objects being used, performance can be a limiting factor. Typical response per API call is about half a second. Do the math (multiply the number of objects accessed times half a second), and you may find you're better off with a local replicated database. Relational Junction offers bi-directional real-time replication between Salesforce and a local dataabase, making it a great platform for custom web applications. Using JDBC or Hibernate to access the database is a lot quicker to develop, as well, and you probably already know how to do that.

This was selected as the best answer