function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KPGUPTAKPGUPTA 

Urgent-----How to integrate public domain website with salesforce?

Hey,

Can anybody please help me in this. actualy i want 2 integrate my public website with salesforce.com. I dn't have any idea can anybody help me plsssssss its urgent.....

Thanx

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rick.BanisterRick.Banister

What kind of functionality does your public web site do? Case management, purchasing products, or what? 

There are three broad methods of web site integration with Salesforce:

1. Direct integration with Salesforce, where you would use API code against the Salesforce data directly from within the app. This has the decidedly negative issue of relying on a remote data source that has a 0.5 second latency per API call, both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, and is not as easy as a SQL database to program
  2. Use Sites to develop the app. This requires AppEx programming, which doesn't have a huge following yet and requires that the entire app and all the content be based on the Salesforce platform.
  3. Integrate your SQL database with Salesforce via ETL or data replication, giving you the flexibility to design your application using any development platform you are comfortable and having the integration solve the data transport layer. There are a number of products on the AppExchange that do this, including my company's Relational Junction replication and ETL products. Being able to do the integration in real-time can be an important factor. Relational Junction does all this.

Other vendors, chime right in. May I suggest you declare whether you work for the vendor or are a consumer of the product.

All Answers

What kind of functionality does your public web site do? Case management, purchasing products, or what? 

There are three broad methods of web site integration with Salesforce:

1. Direct integration with Salesforce, where you would use API code against the Salesforce data directly from within the app. This has the decidedly negative issue of relying on a remote data source that has a 0.5 second latency per API call, both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, and is not as easy as a SQL database to program
  2. Use Sites to develop the app. This requires AppEx programming, which doesn't have a huge following yet and requires that the entire app and all the content be based on the Salesforce platform.
  3. Integrate your SQL database with Salesforce via ETL or data replication, giving you the flexibility to design your application using any development platform you are comfortable and having the integration solve the data transport layer. There are a number of products on the AppExchange that do this, including my company's Relational Junction replication and ETL products. Being able to do the integration in real-time can be an important factor. Relational Junction does all this.

Other vendors, chime right in. May I suggest you declare whether you work for the vendor or are a consumer of the product.

This was selected as the best answer
KPGUPTAKPGUPTA

Hello,

My website is like purchasing product services like ebay,etc. 

i want to integrate my website with SFDC. I want to store data on SFDC.CAn u please explain this vd example. please i need this.

With regareds,

kp gupta

Contact me at rick.banister@sesamesoftware.com with your contact details, including phone, and I will arrange a demo. We have built a shopping site for one of our customers which integrates with Salesforce.com and the customer's accounting system. This is a highly customizable solution that our team or yours can skin to the look and feel of your web site and implement your precise business requirements.