function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rajanrajan 

How to download and upload S-Control using .NET

Hi I am using the SalesForse Document ID  in some of my S-controls coding .When I copy the S-Controls from one project to another project ,Of course I have to upload those related documents(Images, Logos and others) into  Sales force whose ID I am using in S-Controls.
But the problem is this time Document ID is changed and I have to replace the new ID with old one into related S-Controls manually.
I want to create an application in .NET which does it automatically, to do so I have to retrieve all S-Control and after modification i have to upload them again into SF.
Please help me any one tells me is there any way to do so.

SuperfellSuperfell
Why don't you just use the AppExchange packaging tools, they'll handle all that for you.
rajanrajan

You are right. I am using the packaging ,but the problem is ,I am using the Salesforce Document ID in my S-Controls for the js and css files reference,  even into the css files I am using the uploaded images ID,

So when i deploy the package its loss the reference because now the js, css and images have the deferent ID In salesforce. because of that I have to change those IDs manually .but I am looking to do it automatically by my tool for that I need to download the S-Controls and after making the changes I will upload them.

I think the problem is clear now. Please help me out.

Thanks,

Rajan Jasuja

SuperfellSuperfell
Packaging is supposed to fix up the Ids on install.
XactAndyXactAndy
Hi,

Does packaging manage the 3 letter ids that are associated with tabs in the same way, e.g.
Custom object tab = /a0O referenced in an S-control will be transfered/mapped in the
packaged app?

Andy