function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Griffin WarburtGriffin Warburt 

UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured. Please include this ErrorId if you contact support

UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION: An unexpected error occured.  Please include this ErrorId if you contact support: 1947494642-286

I googled the error and found 2 references but neither matched with my situation.

This one is about the lifespan of a QueryMore cursor:

This one is about an S-Control (no responses):

I have contacted support (basic) and they were unable to assist me even though I provided the ErrorId.

I've tracked it down to a System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException, does anyone know about the originator of the message?

Is that a SF errorID or something in the protocol / windows OS?
werewolfwerewolf
In some cases this is a bug in Salesforce's API, in other cases it's just a momentary server brain fart.  Is this repeatable?  What are you doing when this happens?
It hasn't repeated yet, so I'm inclined to believe it was a glitch event.  The error occured at some point during the Web-Service based login process.
ApplePieApplePie
Does anyone have the answer for this?
I never got an answer for this.
werewolfwerewolf
Well if it didn't repeat itself then it was probably a momentary server glitch.  If you get an error like this that repeats itself consistently then contact Salesforce.com Support.
Right, sorry 'bout that werewolf.  I wasn't able to repeat the event and so it was a non-issue for me.