function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GarimaGarima 

Single sign on implementation

hi

There is a requirement where we need to implement Singl sign on for our org. the web service needs to be written in C#. since this is the first time for me to use C# as well as write a web service, i need help to imlement the same.

Any pointers, documents and help would be highly appreciated

Regards
Rupinder
Vishal PandeyVishal Pandey

Do you want to implement SSO concept in .Net using salesforce.

http://aspalliance.com/1545_Understanding_Single_SignOn_in_ASPNET_20.all

please go through the link , it will provide you some basic information about SSO.

GarimaGarima
Hi Vishal

Yes...i need to implement SSO with salesforce.com. If you have worked on it kindly lemme know.
Thanks for the help.

Rupinder

Ok , please visit

http://wiki.apexdevnet.com/index.php/How_to_Implement_Single_Sign-On_with_Salesforce.com

in this article you can get complete code under "Sample Implementations" heading, if you face any problem then let me know .

GarimaGarima
oh yes...i m trying to use that code only...since i m completely new to C# so i m not really able to resolve all the errors that's why its a problem. Tell me if you can help me out with this. May be if you can share your email id or contact no. we can then discuss the errors, if you have the spare time.

thanks in advance
SuperfellSuperfell
Unless you have a lot of free time to work your way up a pretty steep learning curve, I recommend you look at buying a prepackaged solution, there are a number of partner products that support our SSO/Delegated Auth protocol.
Garima,

Simon is right..if you have enough time then go for implementation otherwise few partners are available for salesforce SSO .

http://www.pingidentity.com/products/downloads.cfm

For SSO implementation few things are very important lik..

1- Turn On SSO for your org
2-Download AuthenticationService.wsdl
3- Create Setup etc.

my mail id is pandey.vs@gmail.com

Simon/Garima

Can we call Apex Classes/method from VB application even it was much easier in .net application. I can call WSDL of apex and then get methods but as you know ,we call officetoolkitlib dll in VB instead of web reference.

So have you any idea, how we can get Apex classes/method in VB 6.0 Application. Is it possible or not ?

Message Edited by Vishal Pandey on 07-09-2008 04:47 AM
GarimaGarima

Hi Vishal,

I m really not sure about it. BTW thanks for the information about SSO, that has helped a lot.

I am using that code, there is a problem in that. When i try to test the webservices, it gives a msg "The test form is only available for methods with primitive types as parameters". So i m not able to test it. Can plz tell what needs to be done to solve this problem.

UmeshwarUmeshwar
Garima,

Were you able to implement single sign on? I have the similar requirement and would appreciate your help. If you can jot down the broad steps, it would do.

Thanks