function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tcsellstcsells 

Generating WSDL Enterprise with multiple packages

I am trying to create the enterpise wsdl and reference it in VS2010.

Unlike my developer account, my corporate account has multiple packages installed and does not give me the option to "save target as".  Instead it has an actual "generate" button that does not give me that option.

All my attempts to copy and paste the generate source have failed when referencing in VS2010.  Is there a trick to downloading it in a multi-package environment?  Thanks for any tips.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
tcsellstcsells

I found two ways to solve this:

1. With the XML page displayed in the browser, if you right-click on a line so that it selects the line, the pop-up menu will give you the option to "save target as".  Right-clicking off of a line won't give you that option.

2. You can right-click, view source, then copy and paste from the viewer.  Doing this will prevent the expand and colapse tags from being copied.

Hope this helps someone else.

All Answers

tcsellstcsells

I found two ways to solve this:

1. With the XML page displayed in the browser, if you right-click on a line so that it selects the line, the pop-up menu will give you the option to "save target as".  Right-clicking off of a line won't give you that option.

2. You can right-click, view source, then copy and paste from the viewer.  Doing this will prevent the expand and colapse tags from being copied.

Hope this helps someone else.

This was selected as the best answer
AdamBealAdamBeal

I ran into this issue earlier today and fixed it by right clicking view source then copy and pasting into an xml doc I created in visual studio where I wanted my wsdl to live.