function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Roelof KuijpersRoelof Kuijpers 

.Net API for REST Services?

Hi,

We want to develop an application for the app exchange.

Our main application will be a stand alone service which will be scheduled to fetch Articles. That means our application will need to be able to access multiple customer accounts as easy as possible. What would be a good approach? 

When we obtain an OAuth security ID, I suppose we can only enter our own account details?

DalyProcessingDalyProcessing

Have you checked out Andrew Connell's blog? http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog/archive/2012/02/01/authenticating-amp-working-with-the-salesforce-rest-api-amp-oauth.aspx

It's the best resource I found for using the REST API

Roelof KuijpersRoelof Kuijpers

Hi,

In that solution there is only a way to log in in an application, we are trying to make a Service which does not have any user interaction.

Isn't that possble? I'm not able to let a user fill in his username and password to receive that code. I need a way to only use the oauth without having to log in.

Pat PattersonPat Patterson

Hi Roelof,

All interaction with Salesforce API's takes place in the context of a user. If your app is 'standalone', it still needs an account to get an API token. In this case you might create a dedicated 'API User' account, set the permissions accordingly ('API Only User' for example) and use the username/password OAuth flow.

Cheers,

Pat