function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Narayan PandaNarayan Panda 

Urgent !!--Outbound message Delivery Failure Reason - (503)Service Unavailable

Hi All,

I have provided the endpointurl as http://localhost:3590/OMSite/AccountNotificationService.asmx to send the outbound message from salesforce to my local webservice, but it's giving 503 service unavailable error.

Please help!!

Jean-NoelJean-Noel

Your website need to be visible from Internet. When the ourboud message will try to contact your webservice it will be from one of the server from Salesforce.

Is there any other to connect to my local machine IIS ?

*other way
Jean-NoelJean-Noel
It will depend if you have a public internet ip on your pc. If you are in a company you ill need a server in a DMZ with a private and public ip. It;s also far better to have a name for your server on the net.
In both case, it won't be localhost as a server name that will be used from Salesforce, it could be your public IP (1.2.3.4 for instance) or your public name (MyTestServer.MyCompany for instance).
You can also use a relay from the computer in the DMZ to your's, please check with your sys admin for that.
sony sonusony sonu
hi
Jean-Noel  and 
Narayan Panda !!!!!! nice to meet you ....i need a help , that 
is it possible to make rest callouts from salesforce to the external application , which is hosted locally i.e local server (private) not published yet ...actually i had used rest callout and given the endpoint url of external application and passed keyvalue in headers ,which is hosted in privately, iam getting an error 503 unavailable, 
one of our network team member is asking to provide the unique portnumber, we have sugested and they had enabled 80,443 as default, bt iam gettting the same errror ..do you have any solution, it will be appreciated

the end point url is correct ...bt if accessing from salesfroce it is showing an error 503 service un available... may i know y?? if url is in private mode is it is not used for callouts??
i had posted in developer community.. i had not got the solution still...thanks in advance....

the external application url is not hosted publicly , ,,it is in local server...we need to connect to it and make a callout and get the response !!!!!! nice to meet you ....i need a help , that 
is it possible to make rest callouts from salesforce to the external application , which is hosted locally i.e local server (private) not published yet ...actually i had used rest callout and given the endpoint url of external application and passed keyvalue in headers ,which is hosted in privately, iam getting an error 503 unavailable, 
one of our network team member is asking to provide the unique portnumber, we have sugested and they had enabled 80,443 as default, bt iam gettting the same errror ..do you have any solution, it will be appreciated

the end point url is correct ...bt if accessing from salesfroce it is showing an error 503 service un available... may i know y?? if url is in private mode is it is not used for callouts??
i had posted in developer community.. i had not got the solution still...thanks in advance....

the external application url is not hosted publicly , ,,it is in local server...we need to connect to it and make a callout and get the response