function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jaganjagan 

Wrong Grand Total in Report

Hi

I am experiencing a strange situation where the Grand Total of a report is wrong.

I have a report on opporutnity with three groupings and total revenue field is summarized for each grouping. After applying some fiters, I hidden the details of the report and did a printable view.

In the excel when I take the totals from the first grouping and count them, the total is different than the one showing in report. And that difference is huge in terms of revenue( more than 15 million) I am not able to figure what is the issue here, can any one please help.

Thanks,

Jagan

Prafull G.Prafull G.
Can you please make sure the Report and Excel is displaying the sum of same records. The point is that if the report will not display more than 2000 records therefore the total will be of displayed records only. whereas the excel will show all.
jaganjagan
thanku for reply ...Yes... The report and excel has same total ... Actually I am not showing the details in report so I can see only gropings and it is less than 2000. And even without exporting when I manually count the totals I can find the difference which means the difference is there in report itself which is kind of strange
Debbie MartinDebbie Martin
I'm struggling with the same issue and can't figure out what's going on. It's a simple report that, at the moment, returns a 31 line report. The total showing on the report is incorrect. I have exported to Excel when I SUM in Excel the total is correct. This is weird, and it's causing me to have to work all weekend. 
Steve CairneySteve Cairney
This is a known bug I'm afraid.

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaview?id=08730000000Bq9DAAS