function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arjunmarjunm 

portal account owner must have a role

Hi, i'm trying to create a new user from PortalSite , but it's giving me this error:

The error message is portal account owner must have a role,

so i try to give a role to my  Site Guest User

for setup-->develop--->sites-->clicking on Site Label Name--->clicking on public Access Setting--->clicking on view users--->clicking on Edit there is a no Role Field

how to set a role for my  Site Guest User ?

Regards

Arjun

gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi,

Check the "Account" Record from which you have made the portal. And From Manage User > Roles , Assign the person a role. This is the actual process.

You must have enabled an account for portal and then from it you must have created portal users. Check the Account which you have created , and the owner of that Account Record must have a Role associated to it. Let me know if it worked.

Important :

Hit Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You

arjunmarjunm

hi

thanks for replying

ya , its is true but i am creating portal user through PortalSite , created  Account owner will be PortalSite Guest User, Guest User will not have a Role field in User Edit

Thanks

Arjun

gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi,

Check if you are filling up Contact's Account Id Field over the Site ! Also Check this .

Important :

Hit Kudos if this provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You

Ulas KutukUlas Kutuk

Hi, arjunm

Unfortunately, site guest can not be an owner of the your new account. Site guest does not has any role. So you need to set owner,which is already in the system and has a role. This is the only way.

Thanks