function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaverickDevMaverickDev 

API disabled when sforce.connection.query is used

Hi,

Requirement:

I want to call a our site url which is used to save Lead details into database. I've a custom javascript button in Lead section.

Using that I want to pull all selected Lead Id's with its basic information (e.g. firstname, lastname, etc ) and push it to our site by executing the url.

On click of it, I'm executing following code (given in brief)

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/26.0/connection.js")} //adds the proper code for inclusion of AJAX toolkit
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/26.0/apex.js")}
var url = parent.location.href; //string for the URL of the current page
var records = {!GETRECORDIDS($ObjectType.Lead)}; //grabs the Lead records that the user is requesting to update
var updateRecords = []; //array for holding records that this code will ultimately update
var selectedIds=''; 

if (records[0] == null) { //if the button was clicked but there was no record selected
	alert("Please select at least one record to sync."); //alert the user that they didn't make a selection 
} else { //otherwise, there was a record selection        
	for (var a=0; a<records.length; a++) { //for all records
	    updateRecords.push(records[a]); //add the updated record to our array
       }
try { 
       if (updateRecords.length > 0) {   
            var SelectedIds=''; 
            for(var i=0;i < records.length; i++) {
            SelectedIds+="'"+records[i]+"',";
            }
       SelectedIds=SelectedIds.substring(0,SelectedIds.length - 1);
       var strQuery = "SELECT Id, Email, FirstName, LastName, Phone, Title, Company, Industry, LeadSource FROM Lead WHERE Id IN ("+SelectedIds+")"; 
       var openablerecords = sforce.connection.query(strQuery);
       alert(updateRecords.length +' lead(s) successfully synched!');
     }
} catch(e) {
     alert('could not update leads' + e);
  }
}

Above code works fine in Developer Edition but does not work in Group and Professional Edition because of sforce.connection.query.

Is there a work around for the same so I can acheive the desired functionality in Group and Professional Edition?

Do let me know,

Thanks!

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
API is not enabled in the Group or Professional Edition. I think it is available for extra bucks but not sure.
You might have to check with Salesforce support to see if it can be enabled.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
wt35wt35

The API is enabled by default for Unlimited, Enterprise, and Developer Editions.

Some Professional Edition organizations may also have the API enabled but you need to contact your Account Executive.

Enabling the API for Group edition is probably not possible.

MaverickDevMaverickDev

Yes, API feature is disabled for GE/PE.  It can be enabled if your connected app is whitelisted.

But I wanted to know,  is there any work around for the same so that I can achieve same functionality without using such code which does not get supported in PE/GE.

Thanks

wt35wt35

I'm afraid not