function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AmbigaRamAmbigaRam 

cant create the case via customer portal

Hi,

I have enabled the customer portal and configured it.

I also created the trigger which sends the notification when the case is created either via email or customer portal.

The following is my trigger code,

trigger mailNotification on Case ( after insert) {
    contact CaseContact;

for(case Cases :trigger.new){
                    //Fetch the related case contact.

Messaging.SingleEmailMessage CaseNotificationmail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage

(); 
          if (CaseContact!= null){ 
          CaseContact = [SELECT Email FROM Contact WHERE Id = :Cases.ContactId];                 

if (CaseContact != null && CaseContact.Email != null) {
    CaseNotificationmail.setToAddresses(new List<string> {CaseContact.Email});
    } }
    else {
    CaseNotificationmail.setToAddresses(new List<string> {Cases.SuppliedEmail});
    }
    CaseNotificationmail.setReplyTo('createcases@i-

1byw7u3dtfg21ai2tii0rpnf6q345ovsuuelzkgmta35336rgt.9-mqfdeae.9.apex.salesforce.com');
    CaseNotificationmail.setSenderDisplayName('Salesforce Support');
    CaseNotificationmail.setSubject('New Case Created : ' + Cases.CaseNumber);
    CaseNotificationmail.setPlainTextBody('Your case:<b> ' + Cases.CaseNumber +' has been 

created.'+'To view your case <a href=https://na1.salesforce.com/'+case.Id);
    Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { CaseNotificationmail });
 }  
}

When I used this trigger, I cant create the new case by customer portal.

It shows the following error

"

Error: Invalid Data.

Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger mailNotification caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: mailNotification: execution of AfterInsert caused by: System.EmailException: SendEmail failed. First exception on row 0; first error: INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS, Invalid to address : null: []: Trigger.mailNotification: line 20, column 1"

If i am using workflow rules , I will not include the sepecified address for reply.

Can anybody help to solve this problem?

Regards.,

Ambiga

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi Ambiga,

The error seems to point that the email address is not being identified - I checked the following doc wheich shows replyto email in double quotes - http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_calls_sendemail.htm

Could you try this and let me knwo if that helps..

PriyasoftPriyasoft

Hi AmbigaRam,

After looking at the exception you got, I believe you should add null check contion at below snippet of code

else {
if(Cases.SuppliedEmail!=null) CaseNotificationmail.setToAddresses(new List<string> {Cases.SuppliedEmail}); }

Thanks,
Ganesh