function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Manu@devManu@dev 

Eclipse - Problem when clicked on Deploy to Server

Hello all,

I am trying to push one code from my Force.com Eclipse to other sandbox organization. When selected the folder in Eclipse and clicked on "Deploy to Server" in the final validation step it throws me an error showing "package.xml : Cannot deploy installed package in Package Manifest with any other types!".

Not only code even if I am trying to move some custom objects also it throws the same error. Finally I am not able to push any thing from my Eclipse to any org. 

Can someone please help me how to clear this error and push the stuff into org.

Regards,

Manu.

gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi,

Salesforce has added new Metadata type in new API which is added to your package.xml when you upgrade your project. You can also find the package in your xml. It is something like this..

<types>
<members>*</members>
<name>InstalledPackage</name>
</types>

You have to remove it from your package.xml, save it and then try to save changed component again and it should work without problem.

Also , Try Changing the Version from 28.0 to v27.0 , this will solve your problem. Read This for More Details.

Important
 :

Click on the Star Icon aside if this post provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Are you doing it with any component of Package like VF page ?

AuyonAuyon

Hi

I had faced the same issue while deploying entities between our  sandboxes. 

This issue is because of the API version 28 which salesforce has released recently. They are already working on a patch for the same. In the meantime, I would suggest you downgrade your API version of eclipse from 28 to 27 and that you let you deploy it.

Or use ANT to deploy the code with version set to 27.

There are several links where the steps for down-grading eclipse is explained step-by-step.

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/14020/installedpackage-failure-when-deploying-to-sandbox

Hope this helps for now.

Regards

Auyon