function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ricardo OrtegaRicardo Ortega 

Problems with Data Loader Command Line

I am using the Salesforce Data Loader Command Line (CLIq) to upsert contacts from a csv. I am using the latest version of the Salesforce DataLoader (28 I think) and the latest version of the data loader available 2.3.0. When I try any action (export, insert, upsert) it throws an error that says "Unexpected element. Parser was expecting element 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:permissionable' but found 'urn:partner.soap.sforce.com:precision'". I've tried many things including turning the firewall off and to no avail. Thanks.

PS: I am account administrator.

gautam_singhgautam_singh

Hi,

I belive you need to configure CLIQ for DML Operations , Follow the Instruction Written Below.

1. Replace processname/read/processname.csv with your source CSV file.
"ID","LASTNAME","EMAIL","COMPANY"
"00Q7000000TNtBCEA1","Miller","nouser@acme.com","Acme"
"00Q7000000TNtBDEA1","Smith","noone@widgetmaker.com","Widgets R US"

• Do not change the file name. Just replace the existing .CSV file with your file.
  • Note the headers for each column.

2.  Open processname/config/processname.sdl. Create a mapping with the CSV column header on the left and the Salesforce Field on the right.

# Create your field mapping list in the following format
ID=Id
LASTNAME=LastName
EMAIL=Email
COMPANY=Company
  • The Salesforce Field is case-sensitive
  • Insert should not have an "Id" mapping
  • Update requires an "Id" mapping
  • Delete only needs an "Id" mapping

Check This for More Details . Also here is some configuration material if that doesnt suits you.

Important :

Click on the Star Icon aside if this post provides you with useful information and if this is what you where looking for then please mark it as a solution for other benefits.

Thank You