function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rich13Rich13 

Error: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,593 characters).

Hi ,

I am implementing the lead scoring framework in SFDC, as part of this process I have created a formula field to calculate the location rating. Formula as below:

IF( 

(

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "AL" ||

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "HI" ||

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "ID" ||

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "LA" ||

Corporate_Headquarters__c  = "MT")

,15,0)

In this way I have 3 blocks for all the 51 United states with different scores (15,20,25). (Not Copying the complete formula here as it is big and for 51 states) . When I checked it for syntax its show the green line with no Syntax error and compiled size as about 2000 characters.

But when I try to save, it is throwing the error as " Error: Invalid Data. Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Formula(s) that reference this field are no longer valid: Compiled formula is too big to execute (5,593 characters). Maximum size is 5,000 characters (Related field: Formula)"

I expeirmented by creating 3 formula fields and put the 3 blocks and finally added all these 3 forumla fields putting in an another final Formula filed. But still it is throwing the same error.

I tried this logic with CASE function also, but same error, even more characters.

Please any body guide me on this.

Thank You.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Is this formula referring to other formula fields. In that case the total size will be the sum of all characters of all formula fields.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Rich13Rich13

Yes Sathish. Total 3 formulae exceeds the size.

But, I got the solution. I have implemented this using Workflows with score getting updated with field update.

Thanks for the reply.

Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Nice alternative.

Regards,
Satish Kumar
Satish_SFDCSatish_SFDC
Nice alternative.

Regards,
Satish Kumar