function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion

salesforce questions

Hi I have some basic doubts please clarify.its a great help for me....Please answer to all questions 

1. what is fieldset ?

2. Explain me what is customer portal & partner portal after creating the portals how to give access?

3. example of junction object? where we r using this object? with example

4. formula field data stores in database or not?

5. what is oppurtunity line items ? why we are using..

6. trigger.new/ trigger.old what is the differnce

7.Difference between pagelayouts & recordtypes.

please  take one scenario & explain me with example its a great help for me...

I am very new to salesforce please help me

Thanks for replying to tis question.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi, 

As Vinita said you have to research to understand as they are whole concepts and not just questions. 

However, i will try to short answer them may be it will help. 

1. what is fieldset ?

A:  A field set is a grouping of fields. For example, you could have a field set that contains fields describing a user's first name, middle name, last name, and business title. Field sets can be referenced on Visualforce pages dynamically. If the page is added to a managed package, administrators can add, remove, or reorder fields in a field set to modify the fields presented on the Visualforce page without modifying any code.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/index_Left.htm#CSHID=meta_fieldset.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fmeta_fieldset.htm|SkinName=webhelp

2. Explain me what is customer portal & partner portal after creating the portals how to give access?

A: Customer portal is like self service portal where Customers can see thier cases. Partner portal is where we can share our cases(Objects) with our outsourced partner.  

A: Object used for creating many-to-many(m-m) relationship between 2 objects. Junction object will have 2 master-detail fields.

A: It does not store any values, the formula is run and the value is fetched only when the page is loaded. 

A: To keep it simple - its like the list of all the items that included in a package shipment. (laptop is a product - charger mouse additional battery are line items)

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_opportunitylineitem.htm

A: 

Trigger.new : Returns a list of the new versions of the sObject records. Note that this sObject list is only available in insert and update triggers, and the records can only be modified in before triggers.

Trigger.old : Returns a list of the old versions of the sObject records. Note that this sObject list is only available in update and delete triggers.

A: Page layout: the design how we organise our fields based on sections, catagory, columns and sequence. 

Record type: for a certain record type only certain fields are displayed. (Ex: Car record type has steering fields in it and bike record type has handle fields in it.)

You would learn more my googling the topics and finding the Salesforce articles, however if there is something complex let us know we would be happy to clear any doubts. 

Regards,

Ashish

All Answers

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Hello,

All these are different topics and not possible to explain in one post. I would suggest you to get a basic understanding of all these topics which have been covered in salesforce.com help & training section at : https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTHome

Also you can simply google these topics and you will get enough links with example. For example for field sets serach for 'salesforce what is fieldset' and the first link will be :http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_dynamic_vf_field_sets.htm which explains with good example.

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi, 

As Vinita said you have to research to understand as they are whole concepts and not just questions. 

However, i will try to short answer them may be it will help. 

1. what is fieldset ?

A:  A field set is a grouping of fields. For example, you could have a field set that contains fields describing a user's first name, middle name, last name, and business title. Field sets can be referenced on Visualforce pages dynamically. If the page is added to a managed package, administrators can add, remove, or reorder fields in a field set to modify the fields presented on the Visualforce page without modifying any code.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_meta/index_Left.htm#CSHID=meta_fieldset.htm|StartTopic=Content%2Fmeta_fieldset.htm|SkinName=webhelp

A: Customer portal is like self service portal where Customers can see thier cases. Partner portal is where we can share our cases(Objects) with our outsourced partner.  

A: Object used for creating many-to-many(m-m) relationship between 2 objects. Junction object will have 2 master-detail fields.

A: It does not store any values, the formula is run and the value is fetched only when the page is loaded. 

A: To keep it simple - its like the list of all the items that included in a package shipment. (laptop is a product - charger mouse additional battery are line items)

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/Content/sforce_api_objects_opportunitylineitem.htm

A: 

Trigger.new : Returns a list of the new versions of the sObject records. Note that this sObject list is only available in insert and update triggers, and the records can only be modified in before triggers.

Trigger.old : Returns a list of the old versions of the sObject records. Note that this sObject list is only available in update and delete triggers.

A: Page layout: the design how we organise our fields based on sections, catagory, columns and sequence. 

Record type: for a certain record type only certain fields are displayed. (Ex: Car record type has steering fields in it and bike record type has handle fields in it.)

You would learn more my googling the topics and finding the Salesforce articles, however if there is something complex let us know we would be happy to clear any doubts. 

Regards,

Ashish

This was selected as the best answer

Thank You 

I have a doubt in formule field the formulae field value store in database or not 

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Formula field is stored in database like any other field type.

Vinita_SFDCVinita_SFDC

Formula field definition and its valus both are stored, we can report on formula fields and get the values as well.

Objects represent tables and fileds represent columns. The value of the formula field is calculated whenver the records is viewed and the most updated value is stored.